Author Topic: Beautiful boat  (Read 9113 times)

Colin Morley

Beautiful boat
« on: 25 Jul 2013, 16:57 »
One of the good things about sailing a BR20 is all the good comments and admiring glances one gets. I have sailed a lot this summer on the Camel estuary. Walton Backwaters in Essex and on Lake Windermere the last week. What is impressive is how many people feel moved to call out or say, "what a beautiful boat". Well done Matt, thanks for adding to the pleasure of owing a BR by designing such a pretty boat that sails so well.
Colin
BR James Caird

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: Beautiful boat
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2013, 19:58 »
Sailing out here in Corfu, my BayRaider gets much more attention than your bog standard superyacht.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Reg Barker

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2013, 20:27 »
I too have had a lot of interest in my BRe, and two ladies said what a pretty boat. From Matt I could do with some fliers, because people ask you questions when you are busy rigging the boat.
BRe #11 Alice Amy

Michael Rogers

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2013, 08:07 »
             When I and my Swallowboat go to sea
             (She's a beautiful pea green boat),
             I take some butties, a bottle of pop,
             And perhaps the odd five pound note.
             And when I look up at the sail above,
             'Neath a strong balanced laminate spar,
             I sing, "Cavatina, Cavatina my love,
             What a beautiful Trouper you are, you are,
             What a beautiful Trouper you are."

(With due respect to L.C.)

Julian Swindell

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2013, 09:35 »
LC? Surely EL.

And Baycruisers turn heads as well. But more and more people seem to know she is a Swallowboat. So they are getting known. There are three in my marina in Poole, two BayCruisers and one  Bayraider
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Michael Rogers

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2013, 09:56 »
My embarrassed apologies for my literary oversight. Of course, EL not LC.

Andy Dingle

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2013, 12:40 »
Indeed. Swallow Boats do seem to attract a lot of attention - sometimes quite inappropriately..

Some years ago now, as a very proud owner of my beautiful BR20 happily towing her along the road, (without the cover on). I saw in my wing mirrors a chap flashing his headlghts and gesticulating wildly behind me. Full of fear for my boat, thinking that something must be amiss I effected virtually an emergency stop. The chap stopped behind me with traffic flying past us and came up to me - he wanted to know what sort of boat she was and who made her!!

I wonder if he went on to buy a Swallow Boat ...  so if you are out there reading this...  well, all is now forgiven..!

In those heady, early days as Matt and Swallow Boats were blossoming, the boats did not bear the Swallow Boats logo on the stern as they do now... probably now fitted in the interests of road safety!