Author Topic: Website downtime  (Read 7557 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Website downtime
« on: 01 Apr 2014, 14:41 »
Sorry about the unplanned downtime on the web site yesterday. I forgot to put money in the meter so the lights went out but everything is (hopefully) back to normal now.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

david

Re: Website downtime
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2014, 19:30 »
Jonathan
                   Thank you for all you do running this website. I did not realize you had to pay for it. Will you accept contributions?

David.
David

Ex - BR 20 - Nomad

Michael Rogers

« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2014, 22:32 »
I second that
Michael

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2014, 22:51 »
Ditto!
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2014, 17:52 »
Thanks all that's appreciated. But this web site sits on the back of hosting space that is used for my business and there is no incremental cost to use this for our site, so that's not a problem.

The only cost - and what I was referring to above - is for the swallowyachtsassociation.org domain and that's what I forgot to renew. Well, when I say "forgot" I mean I ignored the reminder emails for a tad too long! That's £20 p/a but after VAT and taxes, etc, are taken in to account the amount out of my pocket is minimal. But if you feel an uncontrollable urge to make a contribution then a beer or a red wine is always most welcome next time you see me!

No doubt there will come a time that for whatever reason I'm no longer babysitting this site, or I no longer have an IT business through which to run this, but I expect then that Matt would happily cover any costs that arise. But be assured that I will raise it on this forum if there is suddenly an unexpected non-trivial cost associated with this site!
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"