Author Topic: Ullswater 2015  (Read 28793 times)

markbatey

Re: Ullswater 2015
« Reply #30 on: 26 Apr 2015, 10:44 »
Can you put me and Sue down for a place if there's space please?

Andy Dingle

« Reply #31 on: 26 Apr 2015, 12:41 »

Regret that 'Equinox' and myself will not now be able to attend. So pleaser offer my place to another.
I shall be working abroad for the two weeks prior to the Mylor Event and hence will have to 'haul out' and get the boat ready for the long trek south west that weekend.

I'm sure you will have a great event in a lovely venue, I've sailed from Glenridding several times and it is a cracking place.

Regards

Andy
Baycruiser 23 No.25 'Equinox'

Matthew P

« Reply #32 on: 04 May 2015, 05:39 »
For a flavour of last year's rally see the shaky video at https://youtu.be/QqE3L77EAHg One of the highlights was the Swallowboat fleet "milling about" at Patterdale.  Another memorable incident was the BR20fleet trying to catch up with 14ft Cavatina going down wind.  More sunshine is booked for this year's event in June.

Just a reminder that this year Glenridding Sailing Centre is hosting us with excellent launching facilities. The map attached shows Ullswater's many attractions and easily avoided hazards including buoyed rocks and caravan sites. 

Five boats have confirmed so far:

BR20   Ristie - Tim
BR20e Alice Amy - Reg
BR20   Moirach - John
BR17   Tripos - Mark
BR20   Gladys - Matthew

Some free places are available - first come first served.

To keep this string uncluttered please let me know via the forum messaging service if you previously registered an interest but have not yet confirmed or cancelled.

RALLY DETAILS
Glenridding Sailing Centre fees are £20 per day (Fri pm to Sun pm counts as 2 days), which includes launching and use of facilities.

We are also invited to the annual GSC Ceilidh in the village hall at a cost of £25 pp and includes feasting, drinking (included in price!) and dancing. The food and drink appeals to me although people with delicate feet may be relieved to hear I might leave dancing to others.

There are a number of good campsites nearby. Please see http://www.ullswater.co.uk/camping.html#Watermillock and make your own arrangements.

More information to follow

Matthew
BR20 Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Tom Newall

« Reply #33 on: 04 May 2015, 12:33 »
Hi Matthew

Kate and I are still very keen to join this event. (sorry I missed the May 2nd date)
We have the BayRaider Shuna.
Please can you let me know if there is anything else I need to do to confirm our place.
Very best wishes

Tom Newall

Matthew P

« Reply #34 on: 04 May 2015, 20:50 »
Hi Matthew

Kate and I are still very keen to join this event. (sorry I missed the May 2nd date)
We have the BayRaider Shuna.
Please can you let me know if there is anything else I need to do to confirm our place.
Very best wishes

Tom Newall

Hi Tom, you, Kate and Shuna are very welcome. I'll need more basic details in due course, meanwhile I presume you have the usual 3rd party marine insurance.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

Tom Newall

« Reply #35 on: 05 May 2015, 12:11 »
Hi Matthew
Thanks for your quick responce.
Yes all insurance in place and up to date. Just getting ready for France.
Kind regards

Tom

Matthew P

« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2015, 05:00 »
We have six boats confirmed, so Ullswater should be a good event. 

It's open-house now to anyone else wishing to come, so please let me know if you are interested.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys

Matthew P

« Reply #37 on: 16 May 2015, 21:26 »
I shall be on Sail Caledonia for a week from Friday 22nd to Sunday 31st  May so please contact me before then if you have questions about Ullswater. 

Steve from Glenridding Sailing Centre emailed me the following information for those attending:

"It will be a pleasure having you l am sure, only specifics that we are concerned about is that people wear buoyancy aids on and around the water, boats have at least 3rd party insurance. We do have tickets on sale for the Ceilidh so that is a first come first served basis - these can be purchased over the phone.

Steve

Glenridding Sailing & Activity Centre
The Spit
Glenridding
Penrith
Cumbria
CA11 0PE

t: 017684 82541
e: info@glenriddingsailingcentre.co.uk
www.glenriddingactivitycentre .co.uk
www.glenriddingsailingcentre. co.uk"

Places are still available for late bookings.  Please remember to book your own accommodation or campsite.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys 

Matthew P

« Reply #38 on: 18 May 2015, 20:58 »
The Ullswater meeting is now less than a month away but still plenty of time to join us. Current participants are a good mix of types, so it will be an opportunity to compare and contrast styles and experiences.

More information is in the string below.

Matthew
BR20 Gladys 

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 21 May 2015, 11:29 »
There's been yet another delay to the start of my project, so I shall now definitely be coming. Having already cancelled my B&B in Pooley Bridge (in the mistaken belief that I would be in Nigeria) I now need to find somewhere to stay at the Glenridding end of the lake.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Matthew P

« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2015, 13:06 »
The down-side of Glenridding Sailing Centre is the lack of camping on site but there are good local campsites and accommodation to be found at:

http://www.ullswater.co.uk/camping.html#Watermillock

Side Farm is a short distance away on the lake shore and is my favourite but does not take pre-bookings so I will turn up with my small tent and take a risk.

It's an ill wind that blows no good Graham, so its good news from our point of view that your Nigeria trip is delayed and you can join us.

Matthew
Gladys
BR20

David Hudson

« Reply #41 on: 23 May 2015, 21:15 »
But the upside is they won't changrtheir minds as Ullswater Yacht Club appear to have done.
David H.
BRe No. 35
“Amy Eleanor” (and the dangerous brothers)

Tom Newall

« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2015, 16:51 »
Hi Matthew
We are back from the Morbihan in one piece, and now getting ready for Ullswater.
Today I have booked a place at Gillside Campsite.
I have some questions.
Will we be launching our boats daily?
Are there any secure pontoons?
Can we drop an anchor and use a tender?
The sailing centre seems to be quoting open times from 10.00 am - 5.00pm
Tom
BR Shuna

Matthew P

« Reply #43 on: 26 May 2015, 08:26 »
Hello Tom, we look forward to seeing you at Ullswater. I think we will launch daily but may be able to leave boats on the beach. The club is fenced off but not totally secure. There is limited space on pontoons. You might be able to anchor off.
Matthew

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #44 on: 26 May 2015, 18:53 »
Hi Matthew,
               Looks like a great event! We'd very much like to come with Emily (BR17), if you still have room. Sorry for the short notice - we only just realised that we have that weekend free.

It's quite a long tow up from Huntingdon. Are we planning to sail on Friday afternoon?

Best regards,

Anthony & Myfanwy (Myf)