Author Topic: Swallow Yachts Association on Facebook  (Read 46008 times)

Julian Merson

Re: Swallow Yachts Association on Facebook
« Reply #60 on: 19 Feb 2024, 15:51 »
I understand some of the more regular contributors here don't get excited about this sort of thing, but I thought it might be worth mentioning that we now have our one thousandth member of the Swallow Yachts Association Facebook group!
Deben Lugger ‘Daisy IV’

Ex BC20 'Daisy III'. Www.daisyiii.blogspot.com
Ex Drascombe Coaster 'Daisy II'
Ex Devon Lugger 'Daisy'

Jane Reed

« Reply #61 on: 25 Feb 2024, 08:32 »
I appreciate this is going to be a bit of a 'marmite' post.  Coming to a BC20 after several years with Drascombes, there is a thriving independent Facebook group of Drascombe owners and I just wondered whether there was demand for such a group for Swallows.  Appreciate a page already exists for the builders.

The Drascombe group is generally populated by owners posting pictures of their various trips, queries about aspects of ownership, etc. and I'm rather missing seeing similar posts from the Swallow community.  I'm not suggesting, for a moment, that the Drascombe approach is right - in fact there are all sorts of things that could be improved.  And, returning to marmite, the group has its detractors as well as promotors.

There may be good reasons for the SB Association not having a page of its own for these purposes and apologies for upsetting anyone if this is the case.  At the same time there's nothing to stop anyone out there starting and attempting to grow such a group independently.  So perhaps it might be good for the SB Association to seize the agenda, and create and maintain a page which complemented the excellent stuff going on here, where people could just post lots of anecdotal trivia/pictures to do with their boats.

Jane Reed

« Reply #62 on: 25 Feb 2024, 08:39 »
As a new member new owner and advocate of FB I would use a FB site for Swallow Yachts . I agree it would connect to a younger audience and enhance the Swallow Yachts profile .Easy access is key as is ease of use . How does Matt and his team feel about a FB site running alongside their own ?

Julian Merson

« Reply #63 on: 27 Feb 2024, 15:52 »
As a new member new owner and advocate of FB I would use a FB site for Swallow Yachts . I agree it would connect to a younger audience and enhance the Swallow Yachts profile .Easy access is key as is ease of use . How does Matt and his team feel about a FB site running alongside their own ?
Well, I don't know.  Perhaps you could ask, although my understanding is that he was central to the setting up of this ‘Association' as well as its website which exists alongside his own.  So I don't see a problem and I would guess he is very pleased that people who buy his boats want to set up a page to express their enthusiasm for the same…
Deben Lugger ‘Daisy IV’

Ex BC20 'Daisy III'. Www.daisyiii.blogspot.com
Ex Drascombe Coaster 'Daisy II'
Ex Devon Lugger 'Daisy'