Author Topic: Swallow Boats Raid 2015  (Read 27249 times)

Anthony Huggett

Re: Swallow Boat Raid 2015
« Reply #30 on: 30 Jan 2015, 21:48 »
Myf and I would like to come in our home-built BR17 "Emily". Due to be launched as soon as it gets warm enough outside to finish her!

Helen and Chris

Re: Swallow Boat Raid 2015
« Reply #31 on: 19 Feb 2015, 08:51 »
The proposed programme and costs for the Swallow Boats Raid have now been published and are available on the news page of Swallow Boats website (www.swallowboats.com).

A booking form will be available shortly which will be sent out by email. To get one, either send me your email address via a forum message or email events@swallowboats.com.

I will make sure that everyone who has already expressed an interest receives a booking form asap.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Helen

BRe Skylark

Rory C

Re: Swallow Boats Raid 2015
« Reply #32 on: 19 Feb 2015, 09:44 »
 :D It all sounds unmissable so please enter Gobhlan-Goaithe (BRe 25) and myself if there is  space. Not sure yet about crew Mary is considering her options! I will sleep on board.
Thanks eversomuch for arranging it all.
Rory Clarke

Richard Cooper

« Reply #33 on: 19 Feb 2015, 13:12 »
Hi

I have sailed from Mylor and Restronguet several times, great area for small boats so would definitely be interested in coming along. Accommodation will be subject to final crew numbers and availability. If brother and sister in law want to come along as well, we will probably rent a cottage somewhere in locality.

Richard Cooper

Storm 17, Little Grebe

chandler

« Reply #34 on: 07 Mar 2015, 18:45 »
hellow Helen and chris

I hope to be able to join the mylor event
do you book/reserve berths or do we contact mylor direct?
do you have an idea of costs yet?
I expect to sleep on board
regards
c

Helen and Chris

« Reply #35 on: 09 Mar 2015, 21:05 »
Hi Chandler,

Great to hear you are interested in joining the Raid.

All the details including costs are on the news page of the Swallow Boats website. The marina booking is all taken care of as part of the entry fee. Send me an email at events@swallowboats.com if you would like a booking form.

Hope to see you there,

Helen

Rock Doctor

« Reply #36 on: 15 Apr 2015, 08:59 »
 :) Am visiting Wales to visit rellies in Brecon after which we plan to visit Cornwall and I see there is a Swallow Boats Rally at Mylor. Will try to get there over the period of the rally, sans Gryphon unfortunately.

Will be interested to see how it is done over there. We (The Old Gaffers Association of Western Australia) are planning something similar for our C Fleet yachts.
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Andy Dingle

« Reply #37 on: 15 Apr 2015, 10:03 »
Chris. That is indeed good news that you will be visiting us in Mylor this year. Especially if there is a prize for the person who has travelled the furthest to get there!

I'll be there (Imshallah), in my Baycruiser 23 so there'll be plenty of room for you and any travelling crew with you to come out for a sail - as long as you bring the 'tinnies'.. !

Look forward to seeing you.

Andy
Baycruiser 23 No. 25 'Equinox'

Rock Doctor

« Reply #38 on: 16 Apr 2015, 03:30 »
Hello Andy,
thanks for the invitation I would certainly appreciate the sail and chance to see the BC23, and I will definitely bring the tinnies. Planning still in progress so will keep in touch and see what dates we get to Falmouth. Is there a program of any kind available yet or do you sniff the wind on the day and decide accordingly.

Will I need to cool the tinnies or do my ancestors still go for warm beer!!!!

Regards to all.
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Rock Doctor

« Reply #39 on: 16 Apr 2015, 03:34 »
 :) Andy,
hello again, just found the program on the SB website, will work on that and let you know.
Thanks again
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Andy Dingle

« Reply #40 on: 16 Apr 2015, 12:02 »

I am one of the few bastions of Englishness left in our green and pleasant Chris, my beer is always warm!
But didn't Matt Newland invent water ballast tanks to keep the consumables at a temperature appropriate for our colonial cousins, so don't worry about the temperature - anyway the ambient temperature will be down right freezing in our English 'summer' compared to what you are used to.
Shame I don't still have those magazines for you take back on the aeroplane, 'carry on' luggage for a little light reading, and a mortgage for excess baggage!

Be great if you do manage to organise your itinerary to be with us..

Rock Doctor

« Reply #41 on: 18 Apr 2015, 12:02 »
 :) Andy,
re the tinnies, agree the ballast tank idea for tinnies - in winter to stop them icing up! In summer it gets a bit warm so a cooler is necessary. I take your point re the English "summer" might need to throw in my thermals!

Anyway back to business, have booked in at Penryn for 29th June through 3rd July to have a good look around Falmouth and other parts of Cornwall after visiting the Jurassic Coast. We are flexible re a day on the water. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) is not keen on the open sea so perhaps Day B or C (1st or 2nd July I think) might be best but that is up to you and space on your BC23.

I am not sure if I ever obtained your e-mail address when we were talking about your Watercraft magazine collection, any chance you could send it to me along with your mobile number for contact when we get to UK. My e-mail is rockdoctor46atbigpond.com.

On the subject of excess baggage, the magazines might have been a minor charge compared to one of my later jobs in Central African Republic when Air France hit me big time for my boxes of iron ore samples.
Regards

Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #42 on: 18 Apr 2015, 17:19 »
Tinnies? Not so. The purpose of the water ballast is to act as a live holding tank for any fish that might have been caught during one of those nil wind drifts along a Scottish loch......

Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Andy Dingle

« Reply #43 on: 18 Apr 2015, 19:00 »
'Chris. That's all good. I'll email you separately with my contact details - I still can't get a definitive from my own 'She Who is Seldom Obeyed and Ought to Do As She Is Damn Well Told' (But Doesn't|) on her plans - but either way there will be plenty of room for you and your wife.. I'm looking forward to it.
Air France? You were lucky! Try Arik Air next time you are out in West Africa, but at least you would get a seat if you took a crate of your samples, but make sure you take your own cushion!

Photograph of 'Equinox' looking pretty and raring for the off attached, taken this afternoon - no good reason, just love!

Rock Doctor

« Reply #44 on: 19 Apr 2015, 00:38 »
Andy,
thanks, I must say I am impressed with the close up of the BC23, looking forward to this trip.

Rob, I am sure the ballast tanks would work as a live holding tank, as long as it was not a baby "Nessie" in there.
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"