Author Topic: Swallow Boats Raid 2015  (Read 27594 times)

David Hudson

Re: Swallow Boats Raid 2015
« Reply #45 on: 19 Apr 2015, 11:16 »
What a fantastic fortnight.

Goodwood Festival of Speed, Round the Island Race and the "Raid".
David H.
BRe No. 35
“Amy Eleanor” (and the dangerous brothers)

Helen and Chris

« Reply #46 on: 20 Apr 2015, 20:39 »
We now have 25 boats entered for the Raid at Falmouth!

If you would like to see who is going I have added a file to the initial post of this thread which lists all the current entrants.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Helen

David Hudson

Re: Swallow Boats Raid 2015 Accommodation available
« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2015, 13:16 »
I have booked a two bedroom cottage over the hill from Mylor in Flushing.

There is one room free should anyone and their crew be looking for accommodation close to Mylor for the RAID.

The web page for the property is.....
http://www.creeksidecottages.co.uk/accommodation/flushing/april_cottage

Half the cost will be £290.

Regards
David H
David H.
BRe No. 35

Helen and Chris

« Reply #48 on: 28 May 2015, 15:45 »
Entries now up to 27 boats!  A revised list has been added to the initial post.

David Hudson

« Reply #49 on: 31 May 2015, 21:31 »
Not being competitively fit right now, I would be happy to
be gate boat should the fleet wish to use rabbit starts.
David H.
BRe No. 35

David Hudson

« Reply #50 on: 19 Jun 2015, 16:55 »
When renting the property I am staying at in Flushing, I had taken it for granted that the Event would be week long. I am staying from the Friday night prior to the event until the following Friday: my wife joining me until the Tuesday.

Should anyone be interested to stay all or part of Sunday to Thursday nights, I am offering a double room for £30/night.
David H.
BRe No. 35

Ian Loveday

« Reply #51 on: 21 Jun 2015, 14:49 »
If there are any raider's travelling from the vague area of Worksop is there  any chance you could bring a pair  of oars back oop north. Graham will be there and has a pair for sale.  One of mine was last seen voyaging solo from Amble marina.  If anyone could help with an oar relay I could collect them whenever is convenient for you.

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #52 on: 23 Jun 2015, 14:52 »
Hi Ian,
        To avoid filling this thread unnecessarily I sent you a Personal Message. However, the personal messages part of the forum is easy to miss, so now I'm posting here.

Can I suggest all others also PM Ian with offers (if you are more convenient for Worksop than Huntingdon)? The north is a big place ...

Anthony

steve jones

« Reply #53 on: 25 Jun 2015, 12:34 »
I'LL BE IN FALMOUTH, ST JUST AND ROSELAND, FOR A LOT OF THE TIME OF THE RALLY, ARE YOU ORGANISING A ' FLEET' COMMUNICATION VHF CHANNEL (75, 76,77)  MYLOR I THINK IS 80 , IN SOME PORTS 77 IS PILOTS /INTERSHIP .

STEVE JONES  BR17 NONA ME

Lara

« Reply #54 on: 26 Jun 2015, 12:26 »
Well the packing has commenced, we're busy loading up Matt's van ready for him to take off to see you all on Monday... unfortunately, urgent commitments here at SB mean that Matt will only be staying until the end of Tuesday but he's still got his little pot of glee out and is busy rubbing his hands with it at the thought of two days sailing with you all! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful time, many thanks to Helen and Peter and everyone else who's helped to organise this.  I'd really appreciate if anyone would be able to send me a couple of photos (please let me know if you don't want them up on Facebook or our website) so I can see how you're all getting on having fun on and off the water, and share with fellow Swallows.

Enjoy!

Helen and Chris

« Reply #55 on: 27 Jun 2015, 15:30 »
Steve,

I've PM'd you my mobile number.

Cheers,

Helen

Helen and Chris

« Reply #56 on: 27 Jun 2015, 15:42 »
With just a couple of days to go to the Raid it looks like the final count, at least while Matt is with is, will be 25 boats. Unfortunately, Andy and Pelham are unable to join us now.

Roll on the heat wave, although please can we have some wind as well!

See you all very soon,

Helen

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #57 on: 27 Jun 2015, 21:59 »
I'm pleased to report that Emily has made it to Cornwall, and is acclimatising to the longitude before pushing further west on Monday. We should be at Mylor around 11 am I hope.

Lara

« Reply #58 on: 03 Jul 2015, 11:30 »
From what I'm hearing from people everyone's had a super time! 

I hope you all enjoyed it and if anyone has any photos they would like to send me to share on our social media I am more than happy to post these up and give everyone green eyes! 

I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences once you've landed and got time to post your adventures

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #59 on: 04 Jul 2015, 10:39 »
A quick note of thanks to Helen and Chris for being the inspiration behind the recent event on the Fal. They obviously have a very good relationship with the appropriate weather god too! Attached is a pic of a flight of swallows.

Rob J
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"