Author Topic: BR20 Viewing request  (Read 2001 times)

adam clark

BR20 Viewing request
« on: 30 Oct 2021, 12:03 »
Hi
Im trying to get to see a bayraider 20 in the flesh, let alone buy one,  (never seen one yet) in or out of the water. I did plan to go to Swallow Yachts Cardigan recently to look at a new BR20 before it was exported to Ireland, but couldnt make it. I am in east Hertfordshire and would like to ask BR20 owners if they would be willing to let me come and have a look at their boat, in or out of the water, and perhaps a chat on an owners view of sailing the BR20
I mainly sail from the east coast but south coast good for me also.
Thanks Adam

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: BR20 Viewing request
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2021, 08:31 »
Adam,

For some reason your post had ended up in the barren wilderness that is the Home Builders’ Area, which is probably why you haven’t received an answer.  Anyway, I’ve moved it to General.

I have a BR20 on a trailer near Faversham, North Kent.  You would be welcome to come here for an inspection and a chat if you can bear to spend time on so much of the M25.   There ought to be others who are closer to you and some might even still be on the water.  If you’re buying new, you probably need to visit someone with the now standard Bermudan rig - mine is gunter-rigged from 2010.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

adam clark

Re: BR20 Viewing request
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2021, 10:41 »
Graham
Hi

Thanks for moving the message and good to hear you have a BR20
I was not intending to buy new, many of the 'optional extras' seemed essential to me and so adding it all up, and with the vat I think I was not far off £30K !

I did not know about the current model dropping the Gunter for bermudan rig and so is the Mizzen also excluded, I guess so with a bermudan rig, or is it a hybrid, Ill have to investigate, I rather liked the carbon Yard atop and the ease of set-up

As you say let me see if I get any response to see a boat, perhaps in the water nearer to me, but if not thanks again for offering to show me your boat and I wont mind the journey too much at all.

Adam