Author Topic: Rutland Water 2014  (Read 36608 times)

Andy Dingle

Re: Rutland Water 2014
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2014, 12:03 »
You and 'Four Sisters' will be very welcome Tony. Looking forward to seeing you again.

NHS hardware?  Bedpans? .. Have you been fitting her out with 'enclosed heads'!

Word was out that you had been beating against a foul tide for a while...? Hope you are feeling a lot better now...

Andy

Michael Rogers

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2014, 13:28 »
………and we won't pull you up on your grammar, Tony…..

Tony

« Reply #17 on: 17 Jan 2014, 14:30 »
Andy:
I read the words "foul tide" with a shudder! I wont go into details but I will be walking like a duck for the foreseeable future.
The technical term for what ails me is "Oh-Gawd-not-you-again". At least, that's what the consultant said last time he did the ward rounds. (BTW never get admitted to Hospital on a Friday. Consultants dont do weekends round here! The guy turned up at 10am on Monday with the words "How are we today?"
WE?!
My reply intimated that although I couldn't speak for HIM, I was probably better than his golf handicap, which widened the eyes of his attendant staff (..they hunt the Wards in packs, y'know..) and didn't make me very popular with His Nibs. (..but you don't give a damn when you're on Morphine. I recommend it heartily!)

Michael;
You've never even MET my Granma!

Andy Dingle

« Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2014, 18:25 »
Foul Tide...?  Hummm. Yes..  conjures up images of sailing passed the Anglian Water raw sewage overflow outfall during an August Bank Holiday Monday off Ingoldmells (53.11.6N 0.23.6E)... You'll need more than a couple of coats of Matts Oh-so-expensive coppercoat to protect your pristine bottom there.

Worryingingly though, I know a chap who makes a good living fishing crab right at that point .. Still at least he is selling it back to the same ones who put it there in the first place ... Good for him!

Tony

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2014, 20:11 »
.....just a form of recycling...

(PLEASE don't tell anyone in the medical profession about Copper coat. I've got enough problems!)

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #20 on: 21 Jan 2014, 14:41 »
I have booked the following to date:

Rutland Water agreement to hold the Rally 26/27th April for at least 8 boats, with the expectation of several more.

www.whitehorserutland.co.uk

White Horse Empingham. (Twin bedded or Double Bed normally £84.00, to us £75.00 inc cooked breakfast which was excellent last year). Single occupancy they reduced last year as well, will find out nearer the time

Twin bedded rooms for
Self and Spouse,
Andy Dingle and spouse.
Graham Wickenden
Alistair and Jane

Please let me know asap if i have not booked a room for you, one twin bedded left, two family rooms, and some doubles i believe but don't leave it to late, this is a popular venue.

Evening meal

We had a dining area to ourselves last year, one table for 16 and it worked out well for a chatter and banter, i have pencilled in this again for this year and so far the following have expressed interest. Once again if i have missed you of or got the numbers wrong please let me now asap.

Self +1
Andy Dingle +1
Graham Wickenden
Tony
Jonathon Stuart + 1
Anthony Hugget +1
Simon Reeve +1
Steve Jones +1
Steve Morton +1

I look forward to hearing from you

Peter Cockerton 07774 111112 if you have any questions
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Tony

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2014, 15:24 »
Hi, Peter.
Quick question. Are showers available at the sailing club?
(A Spartan/public school -type morning swim might infringe water quality standards ..... And we wouldn't want to frighten the ducks.

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2014, 16:53 »
Tony

The watersports centre next to the pontoon and car/trailer park area has a shower/changing/toilet area open during the day. When closed a seperate toilet block only will be left open, this is within the same building.

I have booked the following to date:

Rutland Water agreement to hold the Rally 26/27th April for at least 8 boats, with the expectation of several more.

www.whitehorserutland.co.uk

White Horse Empingham. (Twin bedded or Double Bed normally £84.00, to us £75.00 inc cooked breakfast which was excellent last year). Single occupancy they reduced last year as well, will find out nearer the time

Twin bedded rooms for the night of the 26th April (Saturday)
Self and Spouse,
Andy Dingle and spouse.
Graham Wickenden
Alistair and Jane

Please let me know asap if i have not booked a room for you, one twin bedded left, two family rooms, and some doubles i believe but don't leave it to late, this is a popular venue.

Evening meal

We had a dining area to ourselves last year, one table for 16 and it worked out well for a chatter and banter, i have pencilled in this again for this year and so far the following have expressed interest. Once again if i have missed you of or got the numbers wrong please let me now asap.

Self +1
Andy Dingle + Karen
Graham Wickenden
Tony
Jonathon Stuart + 1
Anthony Hugget +1
Simon Reeve +1
Steve Jones +1
Alistair + Jane

I look forward to hearing from you

Peter Cockerton 07774 111112 if you have any questions
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #23 on: 21 Jan 2014, 18:01 »
I might come along for the fun in the evening. (I couldn't spell crack without it sounding like a drug fest)*

I'll talk with the Owners Agent to see if I can persuade her to have a weekend break at Rutland Water.....

Though don't hold your collective breath.  ;)

Rob J
*That will make the guys in Cheltenham flag this up! Testing, Testing1,2,3.....
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Alistair L

« Reply #24 on: 03 Feb 2014, 22:20 »
Peter

Please could you book a double room for us and put us on your dinner list.

Many thanks 
Alistair & Jane

ps I trust you and Andy will arrange some good weather again!

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #25 on: 04 Feb 2014, 11:45 »
Peter

Please could you book a double room for us and put us on your dinner list.

Many thanks 
Alistair & Jane

ps I trust you and Andy will arrange some good weather again!

Alistair and Jane

Will sort out room today, can you let me know your surname please for the booking, also i must apologise for poor memory but i can't remember which boat (and name) you sail and looked on the boat registry and had no luck there either.

I have permission now for all the boats to "beach up" in front of the main cafe for an afternoon beverage so we can look over each others boats and get to know each other.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #26 on: 04 Feb 2014, 13:34 »

Rooms at the White Horse

Apologies for anyone who didn't let me know in time but all rooms at the White Horse Empingham are now booked. Oakham town is only 4 miles away if you would like to search their.

Rooms reserved for

Peter and joy Cockerton.
Andy Dingle and Karen.
Graham Wickenden
Alistair and Jane

Evening meal

At present we can book more seats in the restaurant, so please let me know if you are not on the list below and are intending to eat with us on the Saturday night.

Peter and Joy Cockerton
Andy Dingle + Karen
Graham Wickenden
Tony
Jonathon Stuart + 1
Anthony Hugget +1
Simon Reeve +1
Steve Jones +1
Alistair + Jane
Steve Morton +1

Boats

The following are registered as either attending or declared an interest if e.g. boat ready.
I have no restriction on numbers from Whitwell but it would be useful to let me know if you are intending to come so it can sort trailer parking, toilet access overnight, gate access etc.

Bayraider  20           GRP Joybells
Bayraider  20           WE Psalter
Bayraider  20           GRP Turaco 111
Baycruiser 23          GRP Anam Cara
Bayraider  17           WE.  Emily (still in build) (TBC)
Bayraider  17           WE   Nona Me
Bayraider. 20           WE.  Llafurio (TBC)
Cardigan Bay Lugger WE  Four Sisters
Bayraider 20 ?                 Alistair and Jane

Peter Cockerton

Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

steve jones

« Reply #27 on: 04 Feb 2014, 15:46 »
 Hello Peter,

You have me mentioned as +1,  if I am able to come (ex hospital) I'll be solo. It would be sensible not to book a meal place for me. I'll certainly try and make it as I've not sailed at Rutland since England beat NZ in NZ .

Steve Jones Nona Me

Steve Morton

« Reply #28 on: 04 Feb 2014, 21:51 »
Hello Peter,

Please count us as definite too; I have booked other accommodation nearby but can we join you for the Saturday meal please? myself plus 1 (Paul Waterman). Looking forward to it!

Best regards
Steve Morton (Llafurio - Bayraider 20 GRE)
Steve M.

Bayraider 20 GRE "Llafurio"

Tony

« Reply #29 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:31 »
Hello Peter,

....... I'll certainly try and make it as I've not sailed at Rutland since England beat NZ in NZ .

Steve Jones Nona Me

Jeez, Steve.  Ain't you OLD!!!

See you there, mate. (I'll bring the pepper.)

PS
Take care not to lift any heavy weights - only drink shorts.