From my experience see the words of wisdom below, this definitely is a library post for all to have a go at posting their pearls of wisdom on.
- NEVER launch when there is any possibility of being spotted with a Swallow Boat!
- Try to disguise your craft with shape changing panels available from any good new car manufacturer.
- Try to keep your craft as grimy as possible – naturally occurring green moss is excellent.
- Only rig your craft craft at the last moment to avoid being spotted with unusual nostalgic looking sails.
- If unable to avoid eye contact with passing admirer do not enter into conversation as you will never get the boat launched – choose a language of your choice and make appropriate noises
- Simulate Flu, or better still, Norovirus